The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Is the third installment in a series of games, based on The Witcher novels by Polish writer Andrzej Sapkowski. The new part will appeal to both fans and those who first met Geralt. In this article, we will give you 20 useful tips and tricks for this game, which will help both the main character and you.
1. Try to remember that the abilities you purchased must be placed in the slots for these abilities, otherwise they will not be of any use. At the beginning of the game, there will be very few cells. Therefore, try to use skill points on two main hits – fast and strong.
2. Diligently and carefully consider your development. Keep in mind that you won’t be able to unlock the latest skills soon and they cost a lot of skill points.
3. Use mutagens in battle, which you can get by killing a large number of monsters. To enhance the effect, try to choose the right mutagens.
4. Sell unnecessary things, pluses:
- You get money,
- Geralt will not be overloaded and you can plunge into this wonderful game without unnecessary problems. A saddle bag for your horse will increase the weight that the witcher can carry. So buy, knock out or find one for your horse.
5. It is worth taking the time to discover more travel points. The benefits of this solution will not be long in coming, and soon your travels will be faster.
6. Try to explore as many places in the game as possible. Explore all the objects (boxes, chests, etc.), in which you can find such useful things as blueprints for weapons (armor) or recipes for potions.
7. While you visit some plot points, some of the side quests will be canceled. For example, after you leave the White Garden and before traveling to the Mist Island. But don’t worry about that, they will still be accessible via pointers.
8. Use dodges. When playing on light y. from. (difficulty level) it may not be useful to you, but on the rest – every missed blow can make Geralt a corpse. If you learn to dodge and roll among the monsters, you can win, even if they are a couple of levels older than you.
9. It is worth trying as early as possible to open the perk, which allows you to reflect the enemy arrow during parry. Crossbowmen can be very annoying to you while you are keen on fighting in close combat. The shooters are quite far from the main fighters and try to be invisible. They sneak bolts at you that remove almost half your health in one hit. At higher y. from. one bolt could be fatal.
10. You don’t have to waste your time fighting the riders. Use the “Aard” sign to make enemies fall to the ground.
11. At the beginning of the game, it will not be superfluous to clear all points with enemies. It will bring you the experience points you need at the beginning of the game.
12. Requirements for obtaining a level are periodically growing. Up to level 10, you need to gain 1,000 experience points. From level 11, the requirement will grow to 1.5 thousand experience points. And from 21 – up to 2 thousand experience points.
13. It will be useful to search the bodies of the enemies you have killed. People often have better equipment than yours. An ordinary sword may be better than a unique one.
14. Try to keep the amount of your potions at the same level. The main ingredient is Alkagest, which can be found anywhere (chests, cupboards, etc.). To restore the number of potions (bombs), simply meditate.
15. Please note that in the territories that open after the White Garden, there are level restrictions and there are very serious enemies. So, if you want to get to the north early, then we would advise you to gain more experience and acquire uniforms. The same story with Skellige, but most likely you will not be able to afford it (you need to have 1 thousand coins with you).
16. Trophies in The Witcher 3 give an increase or percentage of the chance to a certain skill. And the best source of trophies is monster contracts. So do not be stingy and spend your time on fulfilling the contract, just do not forget that the trophy begins to be useful only when it is placed in a special slot in the inventory.
17. Geralt can use the Aard sign to destroy thin walls and doors. When using witcher’s sense, they will be marked in red. Sometimes, these obstacles hide valuable items such as blueprints or equipment.
18. Tired of losing a good half of your health every time from falling off cliffs? Press the jump button before landing and the witcher will roll over, keeping his health. Using this advice, there is no need to constantly restore the lives of the fallen Geralt.
19. Save more often. Although the game has autosave, it works less often than you want. After dying in another fight, you sometimes have to go back almost half an hour ago.
20. In this game you can customize the interface quite flexibly. If the initial settings cause you some inconvenience, then by changing the display of interface elements and the size of the text, you will get rid of this discomfort.