Freestyle Online: Tips (rebounds, block shots, tactics)

Key stats:

Rebounds – increases the height at which a rebound can be made so the center can pick up tall balls.

Block – increases the radius of the block shot.

Jump – increases block height and pickup speed.

Gameplay basics:

Typically, you will be playing in the three-second zone, constantly fighting for the best position. But remember, exit if necessary and close your player. A center that stands under the ring and never moves is a bad center.

To score or not to score…

Some people believe that the center should not score. This is complete nonsense. If you see an opportunity to score, use it. Explore in detail all your opportunities to score a goal and use them in a timely manner. A center who scores 2 with a 60% chance is the same as a defender with 40% three-points.

Rebounds:

How to do rebounds? Correct timing, position, ability to respond to bounce, ping and barrage.

Timing: Examine the high end point of your fit. And jump as early as possible for the ball.

Position: If you know how to react to the rebound, great, get into a comfortable position and start using the fence. If not, take a position where the ball is most likely to fall and again start using the fence.

Responsiveness to bounce: comes with experience.

Ping: If your ping is much worse than your counterpart – it is bad, most likely it will be very difficult for you to make a selection. Try to push your opponent out of the 3 second zone.

Barrier: If you use this skill, anyone who hits you from behind will fall. However, if you failed to drop your opponent, it is advisable to stop blocking, because the opponent may unexpectedly jump out before you and pick up the rebound. If the fence is being used against you, get as close to your opponent’s back as possible, but don’t fall. Try to pick up on reaction.

There are 4 different types of matching:

Instant rebound: The point is to pick up the ball as soon as it starts flashing. The main thing is the right position and timing. Even a defender can make such a rebound..

Point rebound: The key is to know the top bar on which you can rebound. And jump exactly at the moment when the ball drops to this level. It is useful to use elements of the playing field as landmarks.

Snatch rebounds: Have you ever watched someone jump to unimaginable distance and height behind a rebound into a crowd of people? This is the snatch rebound. You will need a run, preferably a step of 2. This is how the forward can take the rebound from the center. However, if you suddenly stumble upon a barrier, you will fall, so using this type will often fail..

Chip-Matching: This is easier to make than the standard one. Since it has an almost 2 times increased range. Gives you 1 more chance to try matching. When it makes sense to use: Someone is using a barrage and you don’t have a chance to pick up a normal pick. Get as close to your opponent as possible. Now imagine that you are him. Jump the moment you would have jumped in his place.

Patch and Dunk or Rebound: Patch and Dunk take precedence over rebound and Chipout. Those. if 1 person uses an adjustment, a second pick, and a third chip out, then an adjustment will occur. However, remember that priority is not as important as position and timing..

Block shots:
Here are some tips for blocking different throws.

You can do a block shot from the front, from the side, and even from the back, the principle is the same everywhere, except for some small nuances. For example, if you stand in the way of your opponent to the ring, move a little to the right, and when he does a layup (I did not think of a Russian name for this element, but the meaning is: “This is a jump throw, on the run. This happens when you make a throw on the run, and distance is great for dunk.) push left and block.If timing is correct, the shot will be blocked.

Leiap: As soon as you see that the enemy has made the first move, block. Stay as close to him as possible.

Normal 2-point throw, 3-point throw, back to the ring, frog (throw from under the ring: these throws are blocked as soon as you see that the thrower’s feet are off the ground..

Ale-up: Block when the enemy is at the highest point. It is also necessary to be as close as possible..

3 steps (a kind of layup, a throw on the run, when the player is already in the jump, picks up the ball and throws it): watch the animation, you can block such a throw at any time before the ball is raised on his head.

3-point throw (various freestyle, for example miller): there are many types of such throws, the general principle is as follows: do the block as soon as the ball comes off the thrower.

Hook: Watch the thrower’s hand, as soon as it straightens, do the block.

Dunks: There are 2 positions from which you can block a dunk, at the very beginning or already at the ring. You can block the dunk as soon as your opponent’s feet are off the ground if you are close to him. Or you can wait for the end of the dunk, and block when the enemy jumps to the floor of the hull. Fear not, a regular dunk is the easiest to block. Although there are many different dunks, for example the “butterfly” dunk, all of the above is just my experience and since I have never blocked such dunks, I have no opinion on this. Remember that different dunks require different block timing..

Quivering Dream: When blocking a quivering dream, don’t rush, don’t block while the ball is in the air. As soon as the ball comes off your opponent’s hands, block. You need to be as close to your opponent as possible.

Rate this post

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.