This tip will help you set your own screen resolution in Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.
1. Run the file “Game Settings” in the “Start” menu or “config.exe” in the folder with the game.
2. Click the “Reset to default” button (optional).
3. Check the box next to Enable P5 Glove (optional).
4. Uncheck the box next to “Full screen mode”.
5. Click the “Save and Play”.
6. Exit the game.
7. Open the file “hitman2.ini” in the game folder and in the Resolution line write the numbers corresponding to your screen resolution (for example, Resolution 1600×900).
8. Save the file, launch the game and enjoy the new screen resolution!
P.S. If after that you change something again in the game settings via the “config.exe” file and save the changes, you will have to repeat steps 2-8, because the screen resolution will change to standard.